Course Starts on May 29, 2018
The University of British Columbia is offering Accounting Free Online Course. This course will teach you to interpret financial statements effectively and use them to make better business decisions. In this course, applicants will use financial statements to make better decisions. Learn the fundamental concepts and principles underlying financial accounting. The course will start on May 29, 2018.
Length: 6-7 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of British Columbia and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo. Its entrepreneurial perspective encourages students, staff and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery and explore new ways of learning. At UBC, bold thinking is given a place to develop into ideas that can change the world.
About This Course
The performance of a business and its management team is largely based on information provided in the financial statements. It is essential that managers understand the effects of their decisions on the economic health of the business and are comfortable discussing financial statements with stakeholders.
Why Take This Course?
This course will teach you to interpret financial statements effectively and use them to make better business decisions. In this course, you will be looking at financial statements from the following companies: Sandstorm Gold, Lululemon, Coca Cola, Toyota, Tata Motors, Adidas, Telus, Starbucks, Urthecast, Mannings China and Dairy Farm Group
- Understand who in a company uses financial statements and for what purpose
- Recognise what counts as good financial information and what lies behind it
- Evaluate a business’s liquidity, solvency and inventory management
- Basic understanding of the key principles of financial accounting
- How to analyze financial statements to make better business decisions
- The structure and purpose of Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
Jeff is a popular lecturer in the Accounting Division at the Sauder School of Business. Jeff received his MBA from Queens University and is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Basic mathematics concepts
- Candidates interested in pursuing the MicroMasters program in Business Fundamentals are advised to complete BUS1x Business Foundations and BUS2x Business Communications before undertaking this course