ETH Zurich supports excellent master students with two scholarship programmes:
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The Master Scholarship Programme (MSP) contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
- Application deadline: December 15, 2017
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level at ETH Zurich.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
- The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation. The Master Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not given.
- Nationality: Swiss and international
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
All information provided in the application must be complete and correct. The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If you are applying for more than one Master’s programme, please submit a separate application form for each degree programme.
Also apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich (or if you, as an ETH Bachelor student, continue with a consecutive Master’s degree programme).
If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.