University of Essex is delighted to offer Africa Scholarship Programme for 2017-18 entry. Scholarships are open to self-funding African applicants to pursue postgraduate studies. Applicants could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on their tuition fee. The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Essex is a British public research university in Colchester, Essex. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965.The award is available to full-time students and also to part-time and modular students on a pro rata basis.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters Courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: If applicants are an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: African students
- Scholarship can be taken in UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2018-19 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table above
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 30 September 2018 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. All our relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet our grade requirements. You’ll be notified of your award at the point when your place at Essex is confirmed, and by the end of October 2018. You don’t need to complete an application form. We’ll assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.