Application Deadline: March 28, 2018
New Zealand Government is pleased to offer Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan in 2018-2019 academic session. Scholarships will be awarded to undertake Master’s or PhD studies in New Zealand. New Zealand Scholarships empower individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications to contribute to economic, social and political development within selected developing countries.
The CSFP was established at the first Commonwealth education conference in 1959 and is reviewed by education ministers at their triennial meetings. The CSFP is the only scholarship scheme in the world to receive such high-level recognition.
- Application Deadline: March 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Master’s or PhD studies in New Zealand.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the subjects that are a priority for each country.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships provide the following financial support:
- Full tuition fees
- A fortnightly living allowance – this is a contribution to basic living expenses
- An establishment allowance – this is a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Medical and travel insurance
- Travel to and from your home country – this is for travel from your home country at the start of the scholarship, and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship. Note that we offer our scholarships for the shortest amount of time needed for you to complete the academic programme.
- Home leave or reunion travel for some scholars
- Assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Commonwealth countries
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: The following Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply:Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, ZambiaCaribbean: Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.Asia (other): Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri LankaPacific: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Entrance Requirements: New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate qualifications:
- Master’s Degree (1 – 2 years)
- PhD (up to 3.5 years)
- English Language Requirements: As a general rule, for those wishing to complete a postgraduate qualification an overall IELTS score of 6.5 and no band less than 6.0 is the minimum required.
How to Apply: