The University of Queensland has announced a new free online for those preparing for IELTS examinations. Each section of this course includes engaging multi-media presentations reviewing key test-taking skills, strategies and techniques. The IELTS course aims to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills required to successfully prepare to take the IELTS Academic Test. You may join the course at your own pace.
IELTS is the world most popular English language test whose result is often required from international students applying for scholarships in Institutions where courses are taken in English.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 5-10 hours per weeks
- Institution: University of Queensland
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Module 1: Listening
- The module begins with an overview of the IELTS Listening Test and what it includes. This will give you important facts about this module and what it is designed to assess.
Module 2: Speaking
- This module outlines the different features of the Speaking Test. In preparation for Part 1 of the Speaking Test, we focus on some of the grammar that you can use to talk about your likes and dislikes.
- For Part 2 of the test, we’ll then focus on the “Individual Long Turn”.
- For Part 3 of the test, we will focus on “The Discussion”.
- In this module, you can watch and learn from videos of students taking different parts of the test.
Module 3: Reading
- This module begins with an overview of the IELTS Reading Test and what it includes.
Module 4: Writing
- The module begins with an overview of the IELTS Writing Test and what it includes.
- In preparation for Task 2, we’re going to take a closer look at the essay question to help you answer all its parts and we will examine ways of planning and organize your essay.
- Along the way, you’ll have a chance to practice writing an introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion and submit these for assessment from other IELTSx students.
- Learn about the IELTS test procedure and format
- Learn useful test-taking strategies and skills for the IELTS Academic tests
- Practice and develop skills and strategies by completing IELTS-style practice tests in reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Develop your reading, writing, listening and speaking English skills
- Iain Mathieson: Director of Studies at The University of Queensland’s Institute of Continuing & TESOL Education (ICTE-UQ).
- Martin Dutton: A TESOL educator with over 20 years’ experience as an English language teacher, examiner, and academic manager who has worked with organizations such as the British Council and International House before joining The University of Queensland in 2003.
- Megan Yucel: Megan teaches at the Institute of Continuing & TESOL Education of The University of Queensland (ICTE-UQ).
- Stephen Walker: Assistant Director of Studies
- Philippa Coleman: A TESOL Assistant Director of Studies and Teacher Trainer at the Institute of Continuing & TESOL Education.