Applications are invited for a fellowship program available for students and researchers from all countries. Fellowships are available for pursuing doctoral studies at a Finnish university in Finland. It is meanly targeted at those doctoral level students who will be doing their whole Doctorate or Double Doctorate at a Finnish university. If applicants currently hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) then usually they are eligible to apply for Doctoral studies in Finland. Applicants from outside the home country usually need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: There are no annual application deadlines in the Fellowship program. Applications may be considered at all times. However, applications should be submitted at least 5 months before the intended scholarship period. Decisions will be made within approximately 3 months after receipt of application.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing doctoral studies at a Finnish university in Finland.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in all academic fields.
- Scholarship Award: The monthly allowance is 1500 euros. The scholarship is intended to cover living expenses in Finland for a single person. No additional allowance for housing is paid. Expenses due to international travel to and from Finland are not covered by the programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: International students
- Entrance Requirements
- The primary target groups in the Fellowship program are those Doctoral level students who wants to do their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university.
- Visiting Doctoral-level students and researchers who are doing their Doctorate degree at some foreign university can also be considered eligible, provided that the motivation letter of the hosting Finnish university department presents exceptionally good grounds for such an application.
- The program is open for applicants from all countries. However, when decisions on scholarship are made, emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Additionally, the following attachments are required for a CIMO Fellowship application:
- A motivation letter from the applicant (the hosting university), max 1 page
- Complete CV of the scholarship candidate
- Research plan (3-5 pages)
Two printed and signed copies of the application with required attachments should be submitted to the following address: Finnish National Agency for Education, PO Box 380, 00531 Helsinki. Please mark the envelope with “CIMO Fellowships”.